Are you a compulsive overeater?
- Do you eat when you’re not hungry?
- Do you go on eating binges for no apparent reason?
- Do you have feelings of guilt and remorse after overeating?
- Do you eat sensibly before others and make up for it when you are alone?
- Is your weight affecting the way you live your life?
- Have you tried to diet for a week or longer, only to fall short of your goal?
- Do you eat to escape from worries or trouble?
- Does your eating behavior make you or others unhappy?
Our members find that they have answered yes to many of these questions. You are not alone! Newcomers are welcome to attend any OA meeting. We sometimes designate specific meetings for newcomers. At these meetings, more information is provided to help newcomers better understand the Program.
Only OA materials are read, displayed, or sold at meetings. You are welcome to check the OA bookstore for resources. We recommend starting with the Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions of Overeaters Anonymous.
Browse the bookstore at https://bookstore.oa.org. Here are our top suggestions:
If you would like additional information about meetings or OA as a whole from this Blue Ridge Intergroup, please e-mail us, call 301-732-7017, or write to P.O. Box 1366, Frederick, MD 21702.
There are no dues or fees for members; we are self-supporting through our own contributions, neither soliciting nor accepting outside donations.